The hickory tree and its parts are very useful from its bark, to the wood and bark extract, and especially the nuts. Hickory nuts have several traditional values and qualities that make it unique. It is not commonly found in groceries or health food stores. It provides a rich source of minerals, nutrients and organic compounds that are essential for good health.
Hickory Nut Essential Oil is one of the most aromatic and potent essential oils used by man. It is extracted from the hickory nut of the hickory tree. The oil has a very pleasant taste, as delicious as consuming the nut itself. It contains the most intriguing health benefits that helps people gain weight, enhance development and growth, increases circulation, protects your kidneys and heart, and even calms the nerves.
In ancient times, the traditional way of extracting the oil is by crushing the nuts until it forms a paste. A little water is added to the paste and then it is boiled. The water is strained and what is retained is the oil, which is called Hickory Milk. The oil that floats on top of the water is then taken out as its residue. Its color is pale golden yellow. It has a nutty smell and is rich in nutrients.
Hickory Nut Essential Oil Benefits
Aside from having a pleasant taste, Hickory Nut Essential Oils contains these benefits:
- Helps with weight gain
- Enhances energy
- Assists with growth and development
- Helps with metabolic functions
- Helps with bone health
- Supports the digestive system
The oil is potent in treating thyroid problems and contains anti-cancer properties. It also cures skin problems such as Eczema and Psoriasis. It also contains antibacterial and anti fungal properties. It helps in the reduction of inflammation and improves the blood circulation. It is a potent de-toxicant, antiseptic and it also contains anti-parasitic properties.
Hickory Nut Essential Oil Uses
- Hickory Nut Essential Oil for Weight Gain. While most people are trying to lose weight, there are still a few who are trying to gain a few pounds. Hickory Nut Essential Oil helps people who want to gain weight because it is high in calories that are stored in the body. It helps you gain a few pounds quickly especially if you are recovering from an injury or surgery.
- Hickory Nut Essential Oil as Energy Enhancer. The oil contains high concentrations of carbohydrates that provide you extra energy when you are fatigued.
- Hickory Nut Essential Oil for Growth and Development. It has enough amounts of protein that the body needs for its growth and development. It is important for most vegetarians and people who practice protein-deficient diets. It facilitates the protein metabolism that enhances the efficiency of how the body processes proteins.
- Hickory Nut Essential Oil for Metabolic Functions. Hickory Nut Essential Oil contains Vitamin B that helps the body with its metabolic activities and general functioning. It contains a good amount of Vitamin B1 that ensures that all our organs are functioning properly especially the heart, muscles and nervous system.
- Hickory Nut Essential Oil for Bone Health. The oil contains magnesium that is important for bone growth and development. It balances the minerals of the body by regulating the calcium levels and assists in metabolic optimization. It is ideal for protecting the mineral density of the bone and prevents or delays the degenerative bone diseases like osteoporosis.
- Hickory Nut Essential Oil for Digestion. It is great in promoting gastrointestinal and digestive health. It eliminates constipation and promotes regular excretion reducing flatulence, bloating, cramping and serious conditions affecting the stomach.
- Hickory Nut Essential for Production of Good Fats. The body requires a certain amount of good fats to function properly. It is helpful in rebalancing your cholesterol and fatty acid balance in your body. It helps promote cardiovascular health and lowers your risk of developing atherosclerosis or incidence of having a stroke or heart attack.
Hickory Nut Essential Oil Side Effects
Like any nut variety, hickory nuts can trigger allergies. If you have a history of allergies, it is best to avoid Hickory Nut Essential Oil. Better consult a medical specialst before using it first.
How to Use Hickory Nut Essential Oil
There are various ways on how to use Hickory Nut Essential Oils so you can enjoy its benefits. They are:
- For inflammation and skin diseases. Add around 10 to 12 drops of Hickory Essential Oil to a bathtub filled with warm water. Take a bath in it. Do this every day until the infection is cured.
- For dandruff: Add around 4 to 5 drops of Hickory Essential oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Gently massage the mixture into your scalp.
- For wounds. The Hickory Essential Oil has antiseptic properties so it can be applied to heal wounds.
How to Make Hickory Nut Essential Oil
You can make your own Hickory Nut Essential Oil from home. Gather around a kilo of hickory nuts and heat them in a pot at 175 degrees Fahrenheit. Crush the nuts and place them in an improvised can. Using a bench press, crush the nuts finely until the oil is extracted. To separate the water components from the fresh oil you will need a flask, like the ones you use in a science experiment to heat up the oil into a cup. You will be able to gather the purest extract in the amount of one cup.
Hickory Nut Essential Oil Recipe
Hickory Beard Oil Recipe
30 ml of Hickory Essential Oil
A drop each of the following oils: Grapeseed Oil, Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E.
- Mix all the oils together in a cup.
- Using a dropper, place a few drops on the palm of your hand.
- Allow it to warm up on your palms for a few seconds before massaging it into your beard or mustache.
- Start off only with a few drops first and add more if you feel it is necessary.
- Do not drench your beard or you will waste the oil. You can now style your beard as you wish.
Where to Buy Hickory Nut Essential Oil
You can purchase Hickory Nut Essential Oil from online websites and at various stores that sell essential oils like www.lifetechnology.com. Amazon and eBay also carry organic varieties. There are also specialty shops that carry this essential oil in bottled form.
More Information on Hickory Nut Essential Oil
- People allergic to tree nuts should avoid it.
- Pregnant women should avoid using it.
- Stop using if it causes irritation.