This essential oil is taken from the plant that belongs to the Asteraceae family. It is native to the Mediterranean region and has been used in countries like Spain, Italy and Portugal for centuries now. There were even some stories in which the flowers from this plant were dried and were offered to the Greek gods to make them happy. Although it is still popular in those parts of the world, the rest of the world is slowly catching up. This has something to do with the fact that it has tons of health benefits.
The essential oil has an earthy scent. It also smells really herbal. You might not easily adjust with the scent. Therefore, it is best if you blend it with other essential oils like lavender, rose and orange. The said scents will make the essential oil smell more heavenly. Helichrysum flowers are usually called the Everlasting. In some countries, it is referred to as the Immortelle. It is due to the fact that it has a really long life. The flowers have the ability to stay long with losing its color and staying dry.
Several studies over the last decades were conducted to maximize the benefits from this plant. Based on the said studies, it has been confirmed that it really has strong antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, the essential oil that can be obtained from it can provide relief from various illnesses. This includes digestive issues, respiratory problems and heart related problems.
According to scientific researches, this essential oil promoted the recycling of dead cells. It also has the ability to repair broken cells in the body which is perfect not just for adults but even for growing children. It also protects the body from bacteria and infection, making the body more active and a stronger.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Benefits
The Helichrysum Essential Oil provides several benefits to the body. Here are some of them:
- Fights allergies and other skin irritation
- Solves common illnesses like colds, cough and sores
- Hastens the healing of wounds
- Treats constipation and other digestive issues
- Prevents liver diseases and gallbladder disorders
- Relieves muscles and joints from pain
- Stops infections from spreading throughout the body
- Helps people suffering from insomnia
Helichrysum Essential Oil Uses
- Helichrysum Essential Oil as Skin Cancer Protector. The essential oil has properties that protect the skin against sunburn and UV rays. It means that you will also be protected from possible skin cancer.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil as Treatment for Acne. Given the fact that it has antibacterial properties, it is perfect in fighting acne and other skin problems brought about by bacteria.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil as Heart Booster. It has the ability to unclog the blood vessels and improve the flow of the blood throughout the body. As a result, it helps people suffering from high blood pressure and other health problems.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil as Relief from Stomachache. It helps prevent indigestion and constipation. It also lowers the acidity level on the stomach which is perfect for people suffering from acid reflux and heartburn.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil as Detoxifier. Like other essential oils, it has the ability to flash toxins out of the body and make you feel fresher, healthier and younger.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil as Immune Pain Reliever. It can soothe the pain and make you feel better after applying it on the affected areas of the body.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil as Immune System Booster. Bacteria and fungi can be removed from the body with the help of this essential oil even the most serious virus can also be fought.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil as Antitussive. If you are constantly coughing or you have hard time breathing, this helps a lot. It clears the blocked passageways so you can breathe easier.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Side Effects
- Skin allergies. Your skin might be sensitive to the flower. Therefore, it is best to test the essential oil first. Use it on the feet and continue using it only when you did not suffer from allergies.
- Irritation. When using it, you should just apply it externally. Otherwise, it might lead to the irritation of eyes, ears and nose. Don’t use it too close to your sense organs. Take note that not all brands are the same. Stick with brands offering 100% essential oils to maximize the effects .
How to Use Helichrysum Essential Oil
You can use the essential oil using these methods:
- Aromatherapy. You may diffuse the oil or just smell it directly. It helps in making you feel fresh. You will also be relieved from stress and other problems.
- Topical. It can be applied directly to the skin. However, it is advised to use only a few drops. You may also dilute it using other essential oils like coconut, frankincense, and rosemary.
- Internal. Just dilute one drop with 4 ounces of liquid, preferable boiling water. Take note that it can be toxic so you are not supposed to use several drops and ingest them at once.
How to Make Helichrysum Essential Oil
To create the essential oil, you just have to cut the flowers and place them inside a small jar. Cover the jar after placing vegetable oil and macadamia. Wait for 3 weeks before filtering the vegetable oil. Use thick gauze as a filter. The soaked flowers will then be squeezed to extract maximum oil. The finished product can be stored on a container for future use.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Recipe
You can create a recipe that is perfect for soothing the skin. Just add 20 drops of the helichrysum with frankincense or rosemary essential oils. For these partner oils, you may use up to 5 drops only and top it off with a little drop of coconut oil. Aside from skin booster, you may also use it as an anti-aging agent. Just mix 30 drops of frankincense with 20 drops of helichrysum along with 10 drops of lavender for better smell. Apply the mixture to affected areas.
Where to Buy Helichrysum Essential Oil
The popular essential oil sites like Young Living and doTerra offer this essential oil. Since it is gaining popularity around the world, you might also want to check it out in your local stores for availability.
More Information on Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Plants that were grown indigenously are the best ones to be used for essential oil extraction as they are the healthiest.
- Buy essential oils that have undergone third-party testing to ensure top quality.
- If you are suffering from heart problems, just place 1-3 drops of the essential oil near the heart. It also helps increase overall strength.
- To uplift your spirit, rub your palms together with a few drops of essential oil inside. This will calm you down and make you feel better.
- Jasmine, rose, sage, rosemary and lavender are perfect when blended with Helichrysum Essential Oil.
- This essential oil has the ability to neutralize the effects of coffee to the body.
- Some studies showed that it also has the ability to treat herpes.
- When you have cut yourself, this essential oil will speed up the recovery process. It also aids in the removal of scars, even the permanent ones.