One of the best essential oils available on the market is the Agarwood Essential Oil, which is obtained from its namesake, the Agarwood trees. The oil can be found throughout many nations in the Southeast Asian, and South Asian regions, most predominantly of those being Vietnam, India, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
Agarwood trees are quite hard to come by given their extreme rarity and endangered status in most, if not all regions because they are prized and take quite a long time to mature. This means that Agarwood Essential Oil, by association, is one of the most expensive essential oils available in the market. It is commonly used for its medicinal purposes, and has historic roots ranging all the way back to the times of Jesus Christ and Prophet Muhammad. The rich history of this substance further promotes the demand for Agarwood Essential Oil.
Many people think of Agarwood Essential Oil as an unnecessary luxury when it truth it is one of the most useful blends of oils available in the market. It possesses multiple beneficial properties which would explain its popularity. Said benefits are near uncountable, ranging from increased libido to boosted immune systems. In order to obtain this miracle liquid, individuals partake in the distillation of water from the Agarwood tree which tends to be quite pricey, depending on the purity of the liquid. For the amazing properties it provides, however, the amount to pay for a high-grade amount of Agarwood Essential Oil is more than worth it.
It has been quite the popular oil since the early days, and has been said to be praised by the Buddha and was used by samurai warriors as a good luck charm.
Agarwood Essential Oil Benefits
Here are some of the many benefits of Agarwood Essential Oil:
- Helps combat stress
- Used to remove toxins
- Helps ease digestion
- Increases libido
- Stimulates urine cycle and production of urine
- Helps combat arthritis
- Helps stimulate and regulate menstrual flows and cycles
- Helps relieve pain and discomfort
- Aids in the regulation of the digestive cycle and eases stomach and digestive problems
- Contains calming properties
- Combats illness, such as fevers and colds.
Agarwood Essential Oil Uses
- Agarwood Essential Oil as Pain Relief. It has been used and proven to be able to ease and relieve any symptoms of irritation or pain. One way to do this is to apply the oil topically over the affected or painful area, or merely inhale the scent of the fragrance in order to allow the body to relax and be distracted from its ailments.
- Agarwood Essential Oil as an Aphrodisiac. This popular and historic oil is also a particularly great investment for couples given that it has been proven to increase sexual drive and libido. One can apply the essential oil directly onto the skin in order to experience said benefit.
- Agarwood Essential Oil as a Helper of Diuretic Function. This amazing, multipurpose essential oil can also help regulate and increase the frequency of an individual’s urination, in turn assisting them in driving out all of the harmful toxins and foreign substances in the body. This function can help the user achieve a cleaner, healthier body.
- Agarwood Essential Oil as Stress Reliever. This essential oil can also be used as a stress reliever, because the scent possesses a calming property. When feeling particularly stressed or anxious, you may avail of the properties of the oil by inhaling the fragrance it gives off.
- Agarwood Essential Oil as a Stimulant for Digestive Functions. Agarwood Essential Oil has been used repeatedly in the past as a stimulant for an individual’s digestive functions, ranging all the way back to decades past. You can enjoy this benefit by applying the essential oil topically and massaged onto the stomach or tummy area, or can be mixed into tea blends and drunk down.
- Agarwood Essential Oil as a Skin Booster. This essential oil also possesses properties that are known to brighten and nourish the skin, replenishing and replacing dead skin cells and fighting the damage such as premature wrinkles and other aging signs. You can use this essential oil as a part of your skin routine by adding in a few drops to your cleanser or moisturizer. It is best used on the skin on a daily basis, as it can also serve as a moisturizer.
Agarwood Oil Side Effects
It has not been known to pose any health or mental risk on those who use it, so it is generally safe for most consumers unless they happen to have or possess allergic reactions to any of the properties which are contained in the blend of the essential oil. Otherwise, it is perfectly free of any dangerous or disturbing side effects. It is always best to patch test on skin, however.
How to Use Agarwood Essential Oil
There are different ways to use Agarwood Essential Oil and reap its benefits. Here are they:
- Aromatherapy. Agarwood Essential Oil is most commonly inhaled in a process known as aromatherapy. You may either inhale the liquid directly from its container or place it inside a diffuser (make sure that it is built to withstand oily mixtures) and then simply sit back, relax and breathe in the soothing fragrances. If you so choose, you may also combine other complementary scents in the blend, such as those of Lavender and Rosemary.
- Topical. The essential oil can also be applied directly onto the skin, wherever you see fit. It can be mixed with other substances such as serums and moisturizers in order to further enhance the healing and brightening effect of the Agarwood on your skin.
- Internal. Agarwood Essential Oil, when not mixed with any other substances which are not safe to ingest, is perfectly safe to be taken in by most people. You can drink it along with your tea, or any other beverage of your choice.
How to Make Agarwood Essential Oil
Agarwood Essential Oil is extracted from the Agarwood tree, one of the rarest and most sought-after plants available in only a handful of regions. Parts of the woof of the tree are cut down and then chopped up into many pieces, after which they are distilled with water. The longer the mixture is distilled, the higher-grade the resulting Agarwood oil.
Agarwood Essential Oil Recipe
If you wish to make your very own Agarwood Essential Oil blend, you can do so right in the comfort of your home as long as you possess the necessary ingredients. First, you will need to obtain pure Agarwood oil. Afterwards you can mix it with any liquids you please. A good recipe is the following:
- Obtain 2 tbsp of Agarwood Oil and mix it with 1 tbsp of Lavender extract.
- Combine the fragrant mixture with about two to three drops of mineral or distilled water and place it in a container to take the miracle fluid with you, wherever you might go.
Where to Buy Agarwood Essential Oil
Agarwood Essential Oil can be bought at most nearby health and wellness stores, as well as reputable online shops. Some recommended and generally trusted brands are Eden Botanicals and La La Essential Oils.
More Information on Agarwood Essential Oil
- Take precaution before using on sensitive areas.
- Pregnant mothers should seek advice from certified professionals before engaging with the use of essential oils.
- Do not use it if you have allergies to Agarwood, or other ingredients in an Agarwood Essential Oil blend.